Monday, February 1, 2010

Conservation Discovery pt 1

   Today I wanted to write about the online resources available to you on Conservation. I'm sure there are many more sites out there that specialized in many different types and aspects of conservation, but I wanted to share a few that I know and enjoy. Most of them have a "Membership" program with which you can donate money to their conservation efforts. I will do this in a "series" format, with the first included in this post.
   The first site I'm going to talk about is one i very recently discovered in my search for content for this blog. It is for a company by the name of The Nature Conservancy. This is a really fantastic site devoted to conserving land and wildlife habitat since 1951. You can become a member of the site by donating anywhere from $50 to $10,000+, but whats great about becoming a member is you can save precious habitat and receive The Nature Conservancy's magazine and invitations to Field trips! The site also has a fantastic blog and awesome photos and videos. You also get your own "Nature Page" where you can earn badges and upload your own nature photos.
   Overall I think there is some great information and fun to be found on the site. I hope you will click on the photo below(from The nature Conservancy) and head to the site. I also hope you'll gleam some way you can help the worlds wildlife and the beautiful places we have left. There are always ways to help no mater who
you are or what you do or don't spend.
The nature Conservancy Site-Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment